- Keep cake box the right way up.
- Put the box in the fridge or freezer until you’re ready to use it.
- Cakes will keep for a minimum of 5 days in the fridge or 3 days ambient display.
- With good care most cakes will last much longer than this.
- Cakes are best cut chilled and most cakes can be cut frozen for a super neat slice.
- Use a big sharp knife and cut along the markings at a right angle.
- It helps to stand square to the cake. Don’t cut in a lazy fashion. Odd sizes aren’t cool.
- Make sure you wipe your knife between cuts.
- Please take care to avoid cross contamination of allergens.
- Always use a clean knife for cutting different cakes and separate serving utensils.
How to cut an unmarked cake
- Gizzillionaire Cake is best cut at room temperature
- Use a paper towel or a tea towel to dab off any moisture on top.
- Use a sharp knife to pre-mark 16-18 slices. Follow your markings to cut the cake.
- Wipe the knife clean in between cuts.
Cakes As Desserts
- Try the Raspberry & White Chocolate Frangipane Cake with double cream. To really make it pop you could add fresh raspberries.
- Serve the Lemon Polenta & Pistachio Cake with crème fraîche for an uplifting dessert. Looking to make it really pop? Sprinkle some more crushed pistachios on top.
- Serve the Lumberjack Cake hot along side custard for a comforting pudding. Add a sliced Medjool Date to make things fancy.
- Warm up the Almond Brownie and pair with clotted cream for an indulgent dessert. To really amp things up, scatter some toasted flaked almonds on top.