- Keep cake box the right way up.
- Put the box in the fridge or freezer until you’re ready to use it.
- Cakes will keep for a minimum of 5 days in the fridge or 3 days ambient display.
- With good care most cakes will last much longer than this.
- Remove from the freezer and defrost at room temperature.
- Open the box by tearing along the underside of the label.
- Lift the cake out using the food bag and support the base of the cake with your other hand.
- Place the cake on a chopping board and carefully slide off the food bag.
- Another option is to cut cake frozen, only taking out the slices you need. Individual slices defrost super quick.
- Cakes are best cut chilled and most cakes can be cut frozen for a super neat slice.
- Use a big sharp knife and cut along the markings at a right angle.
- It helps to stand square to the cake. Don’t cut in a lazy fashion. Odd sizes aren’t cool.
- Make sure you wipe your knife between cuts.
- Please take care to avoid cross contamination of allergens.
- Always use a clean knife for cutting different cakes and separate serving utensils.
- Display cakes at room temperature and not in a fridge, no one likes a cold cake.
- Lonely cakes look a little sad, so make sure your display is well stocked. You can always top up using pre cut slices.
- If you use our greaseproof display papers, skin up around each slice and line up neatly on a board.
- Point of Sale display cards are also available on request.
- Always be on crumb patrol, a paint brush is useful for this most dangerous of jobs.
- Avoid displaying cakes wrapped in cling film or direct sunlight.
At the end of the day
- Store cakes in an airtight container or back in the cake box and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, get the cakes out with enough time for them to reach room temperature before they’re scoffed.
Take a look at our short video with tips on storage, handling, cutting and display. This should be helpful in getting the most out of your new cakes.