Weed Brownie Recipe
- Prep time - 90 minutes
- Cooking time - 35 minutes
- Difficulty - Difficult
- Portions/ Servings - 16 to 20 people
- Storage - Ambient, Fridge or Freezer
- Shelf life - 14 days
- Can be made with THC or CBD
Weed Brownie Ingredients
There is an obvious ingredient here, that might prove a little tricky to come by. But homegrown is a better option that dabbling on the dark web in crypto currency or buying it from a dodgy geezer down the pub. But we do strongly suggest you tread lightly on dosage, until you know your own tolerance.
Butter - Butter is best for, but coconut oil works well too
Cannabis - Perhaps your doctor prescribes this, just get it from a legit source
Chocolate - High quality chocolate will bring good flavour contains theobromine
Eggs - Medium are best as they weigh 50g, so easy to scale up or down recipes
Caster Sugar - This will balance out any bitter flavours
Plain Flour - Use some self raising if you want a little lift in your brownie
Cocoa Powder - A strong taste to mask any nasty weed flavours
Salt - A little salt will always enhance the flavour of chocolate
Nuts - Nuts bring a good texture, and help if you don't like a cloying cake
- 250g (9oz) butter
- 70ml (2.5fl oz) water
- 1g (1⁄4 teaspoon) cannabis flower
- 6 medium eggs
- 450g (16oz) caster (superfine) sugar
- 200g (7oz) plain flour
- 20g (3⁄4oz) cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 100g (31⁄2oz) nuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 120°C fan/250°F/gas 1⁄2 and line your 22 x 33 x 5cm (81⁄2 x 13 x 2in) baking tray (sheet pan).
- To make the cannabis butter, begin by breaking up your green herb into smaller florets and running a knife through them on a chopping board.
- Then place on a tray lined with greaseproof paper, cover with another layer of paper, then place a second tray on top. This will stop any weed dust blowing around and getting up in your grill, but also stop things from burning. Place in the oven for 30 mins. This stage is called decarboxylation (or decarbing) and it is very important. Once you have taken the weed out of the oven turn it up to 160°C fan/320°F/gas 4.
- Now infuse your butter by placing it in a heavy based pan with the water and the weed, and gently heat to melt the ingredients together. The water will stop things from burning, so don’t worry if the pan starts to simmer.
- Leave on a very low heat for at least 30 minutes or until most of the water has evaporated, leave to cool for 15 minutes or so to allow it to continue infusing. Strain the butter through a fine sieve to remove the green flecks of herb.
- Pop the infused butter back in the pan, add the chocolate and melt together on a low heat.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs on a high speed until they begin to foam and add the sugar a little bit at a time until you have a foamy custard. Keep the mixer turning at a high speed, and slowly pour in the melted butter and chocolate.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder and salt into the mixing bowl and lightly combine. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl, then add the nuts (if using). Give a final gentle mix and then pour the mixture into a lined tray and bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 160°C fan/320°F/gas 4.
This will keep for 2 week in an airtight container in the fridge.
Please check out the legal restrictions for cannabis in your country before proceeding with this recipe. Also, for first timers, always take half or quarter of a slice and leave for an hour or two before determining your dose and tolerance.
The most important part of this recipe is to make the cannabis butter (Cannabutter). You can then use that in other cakes. Or if you wanted to use the same method for oil, that will work too.
How much do I need to eat to get high?
Very little. So have a quarter of a slice and leave it for 60 to 90 minutes and see what happens. If you want them stronger, use a bit more weed in your next recipe.
Can I make my own brownie recipe?
Yes, just ensure you decarboxylate your weed and infuse your butter or oil.
What is the difference between THC and CBD?
CBD is not psychoactive, it can help you feel relaxed, as THC can alter your mind and thinking.
Can I use indica or sativa?
Yes, both work. The Indica strain of weed offers a relaxing effect making the body feel a bit numb and can aid sleep. It can also bring on "the munchies" giving you a ravenous appetite. Just make sure it's not for more weed brownie!
The Sativa strain on the other-hand effects the mind and gives you a high, and can actually make you more creative and productive.
Edibles are a great way to have fun with Cannabis, so it's time to Wake and Bake! This is really a recipe for decarbing ( decarboxylation) your weed and making a butter infused with THC or CBD. Then you can do what you like with it and ingest in any form you like. You can cook savoury food or whip it with honey and just spread it on toast.
A Note On Dosage
We don't want to bang on about it, but too much weed can make you feel really ill and can really damage your mental health. These brownies really need to be for your own consumption, and you are responsible for anyone that eats your them. Micro dosing is the way forward, a nibble at a time!
This recipe is from a special edition of our baking book - Bake It. Slice It. Eat It
Our publishers decided it was too risky to publish a recipe that might encourage our readers to dabble in illegal narcotics, even though we suggest you do this within the laws of your country.